Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Skin!

Hi everyone- Sorry it's been forever since I've blogged. I think I say that all the time, but I've not really had a lot of motivation to blog lately. Hopefully it'll come back!

Anyway, I have exciting news, my skin is happy! That might not sound like a big deal to you, but it's been very unhappy for my entire teenage/adult life. I started seeing the dermatologist when I was probably 14 (Freshman in High School) and have tried every medication on the market for breakouts besides Accutane. And, of course, nothing worked. Now, I'm still seeing a dermatologist, but I've been sick of it for a while. Seems like nothing works still. My skin is oily some days, dry some days, and most of the Rx's for acne make my skin burn and flake off :(

I've also tried every over the counter system, cleanser, cream, etc. I could find...

So, I read this article and decided to try something new! I figured it couldn't hurt, it was just another idea online. Here's the link: http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/. So, it's called the Oil Cleansing Method. You use a mixture of Castor Oil and Olive Oil, rub it into your skin 2-3 times a week and steam with a hot washcloth. Seems CRAZY, right? Turns out oil dissolves oil and since you stop using soap and just rinse with water the rest of the time, it restores your skin's natural oil balance and makes it happy!

I quit using all my soaps, prescriptions, and moisturizers on Monday. I've used the method twice and just rinsed with water the rest of the time.

Preliminary results- no extra breakouts and my skin is healthier and happier than it's been in recent history (as long as I can remember). But for me, if it didn't make me break out really bad and make my skin super upset, it's already a huge success! That means I don't really need any products for my face anymore!

I'll update later with full results, but so far things are looking good. I convinced my two sisters to give it a try and haven't seen Carissa that excited in a LONG time, especially about her skin :)

So, give it a try! It's amazing...

1 comment:

Angela Sartain said...

OH YAY!!!!!!! I'm SO glad it worked well :D I think I'm going to give it a try myself when I can get to the store for some fresh sunflower seed and castor oils.

WOW!